Water Softener Replacement Recommendations

Old 04-06-21, 04:13 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Smile Water Softener Replacement Recommendations

Hey everyone,

My name is Clint and I just got stationed in Las Vegas (active duty Air Force). The water is terrible here! Anyway, I just purchased a home that had a 20 year old water softener system and RO system. I'm looking to replace the softener since it is not functioning any longer. I have called around to a couple of local companies but they all want $1400+ to replace it. I got to looking on Lowes.com and found this system (https://www.lowes.com/pd/AQUASURE-Wh...ter/5000265493) that includes the RO system for $829. I figured I should probably go ahead and replace the RO system with it's age(even though I just replaced the filters in it). Since I already have a system in place, I figure it cant be too hard to replace it. I currently have 3/4 inch copper lines feeding the old softener system. And from reading, a 48,000 grain system should serve my family of 5 just fine.

1. Does anyone have any feedback on this particular system from lowes?
2. Are there other supply websites I should look at?
3. Anything I should be weary of or anyone have installation tip/things I should know before attempting this project?

All suggestions/feedback is welcome and appreciated!

Old 04-06-21, 11:37 PM
Received 489 Votes on 453 Posts
48K grain for 5 people and
The water is terrible here!
is only a guess and a water test can not be stressed enough to be sure your getting what you need from the beginning.

There are lots of places to buy quality equipment, BBS would not be my go to source, your buying a generic unknow piece of equipment, what if you need parts.

One source I have used many times, Ohio Pure Water, great customer service!

Old 04-07-21, 07:15 AM
C
Thanks for the response! Any tips on where to get a water test? I would like to get something that test both the main supply water and my RO water output.

Also, what specific results of the test should I focus on? Obviously the grain level, but Im also guessing iron?

Old 04-07-21, 11:01 AM
Received 489 Votes on 453 Posts
That site, like many other, including your county/state do tests, they provide a full report which is what you will need.

Old 04-12-21, 07:26 AM
D
After you get a thorough water test and before you buy anything read this: https://www.aquatell.ca/pages/how-to...water-softener. One of the best explanations I have ever seen.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: