Which RO system should I get?

Old 11-30-22, 05:58 PM
O
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
Which RO system should I get?

There appears to be quite a few to choose from. Which one's worth it that you can recommend? I'm looking for something under the kitchen sink.

Old 12-01-22, 12:32 AM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
RO systems are pretty universal assemblies made up of common components and all use the same filters/membranes/carbon blocks. Look for one that has the features you want and a name brand and your good.

Old 12-01-22, 05:15 AM
C
Received 350 Upvotes on 293 Posts
I have an Essence RO system by APEC Water and I am happy with it. As Marq posted they are pretty universal so look for physical size and capacity. Also check on the cost of replacement filters. I replace 4 filters annually and the remaining 2 every other year.

With a 4 gallon tank the system will take up quite a bit of real estate under the sink. I put mine in the basement directly under the sink.

Old 12-01-22, 07:22 AM
O
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
That's the thing: what filters does my municipal water need? I'd hate to purchase something and spend money changing filters for something I don't need.

Old 12-01-22, 11:09 AM
C
Received 350 Upvotes on 293 Posts
The only difference in the APEC RO system maintenance is that they recommend membrane replacement every 2 years if on a well and 2-4 years on municipal water. The 1st 3 stages are prefilters and APEC recommends replacing them every 6 - 12 months. I replace them annually but I am on a well and have a whole house filter which cuts down on the sediment before it reaches the RO System. A set of replacement filters is about $75.

Old 12-01-22, 10:33 PM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
what filters does my municipal water need?
Not really what the municipality needs , more what you want.

I also have a well but with a very extensive water conditioning equipment so the RO system is getting clean water to begin with. I change my filters about every 2 years.

When I drink city water it tastes like pool water so for me chlorine removal (charcoal) would be #1 issue. Beyond that your just "polishing" the water to get as pure as possible.

Then there are the folks that put in a re-mineralization cartridge, doesn't make a lot of sense to me, purify the water then add minerals back in!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: