Water Softener Settings

Old 03-25-24, 10:48 AM
N
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Water Softener Settings

Water Softener Settings, What determines to Settings to Trigger the Re Gen cycle ?? About the same time Softener Salt from either Windsor or Sifto in Canada was becoming scarce due to a Strike.. I was beginning to have problems with the Water Softener.. It's what Triggers the Re Gen that has me a Tad confused ?? Prior to Strike my settings were 775 Gallons or 14 days Which ever came first would trigger a Re Gen.. Hardness & Iron Content are common in my rural area.. Had a Tech look at my System as the Unit is nearing it's End of Life stage..lol... Settings were changed to 1350 Gallons or 7 days, which ever came first to trigger a Re Gen.. Thoughts and Opinions Appreciated, Cheers Thanks

Old 03-28-24, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator
Received 85 Upvotes on 77 Posts
Thats a no brainer on when it triggers you increased the gallons but shortened the days.. Why did ya do that?

I would base it on gallons and turn the days off.

How to determine?

Hardness level..
Amount of iron... ( Softners mostly only remove up to 5 ppm)
How many grains hardness softener do you have?

Its all a calculation, or as simple as testing the hardness of your water once a week. When you start getting hard water break through, check the gallons used and that is your magic #...

Old 04-01-24, 08:04 AM
N
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Water Softener Settings

lawrosa Yes the Unit is 13 + years old and showing signs of needing to be Replaced.. Hardness & Iron Content are hard on Water Purifying Systems in our Rural Setting.. I have a lad who comes out to replace the Filters on our RO System, who checks on the Water Softener as well.. As I said when problems started developing and He changed the settings .. Previously there was 3 adults living here, now were down to 1 1/2 (1/2 being a couple days a week).. I draw on average 325 gallons a week.. Plus the unit is not using as much Salt , I feel something is not right is all and Curious.. Cheers Thanks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: