Need help with weld symbols


Old 09-02-02, 11:45 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Question Need help with weld symbols

I need help understanding some weld symbols on shop drawings and hope someone can suggest a book or some websites, and hopefully give me a link to one of them.


1). I'm not sure of these numbers shown for plug welds:

3/8 1/2 45 6

I think 3/8 is size, 1/2 is depth, 45 is the angle in degrees, but what is the 6? Pitch?

2). "M" is shown as the finish required for the flush contour of other plug welds shown.

I know C is for Chipped, H is for Hammered, and G is for Grinded - but what is M? I've never seen it before so I'm guessing M is for Machined.

I really need someone to suggest a book or website.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-02, 03:26 PM
the_tow_guy's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: SW Fla USA
Posts: 11,983
Received 55 Votes on 45 Posts
Old 09-03-02, 06:13 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
you da man!

a big thank you to the_tow_guy!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: