Harnischfeger wire feed welder

Old 12-13-02, 12:14 AM
TCM
Visiting Guest
Harnischfeger wire feed welder

Recently, I inherited a Harnischfeger single phase wire feed welder. Unfortunately, with no manuals of any kind. Any idea where to get a manual? Also, would appreciate hearing from anyone who has ever used one. I estimate that it is approximately15 years old. Help? Thanx TCM

Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-02, 06:54 PM
John Hall
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up P-H cause i cant spell the other

i also have an elderly welding machine made by these guys. mine is ac only stick and not a wire machine. im not sure how long wire machines have been around but my machine is at least 50+ years old and works very well. i had a miller repair shop look it over when i needed leads and plug replaced and he said they are tuff solid old machines. he also said no-one make the quality transformer that is in these older machines. i assume they were hand wound with pride and not machine wound by some guy making his 8 hours?

one problem is that no old machine is energy efficient as a newer one. this might be a concern if frequent use is needed? mine does the job for me and i also inherited mine btw p-h makes big cranes and i doubt they make any welders nowdays.

are you having trouble finding the tips and liners and other consumables? i would hope someone might could point you toward a supplier for these or cross to miller or some other maker. best of luck and stay in touch about this old p and h of yours. sincerely john hall in florida