Bumper height?

Old 06-09-03, 07:04 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Bumper height?

Weldgod should know this one. What is the height for the rear bumper of a big truck? UPC bumper I think its called?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-03, 02:59 AM
Sorry it took so long, I changed jobs and have gone back to college, so I have been super busy. It depends on what “Big Truck” on a class 6 or 7 truck (Dump Trucks, Mack Granite Series) bumpers are about 30’ here in Texas. But if you take the truck out of the state you must meet ICC regulations. Current ICC underride guards on tractor trailers are at 25-30” and they have been talking about changing it to 22”. I think if you are going to use it in state you will be fine using the current ICC regulations at 25-30”. Most front bumpers on class 6 or 7 trucks are in the 20-25in range for comparison.

Old 06-11-03, 06:44 AM
S
I should have said rear bumper, the underide bumper. I think it is 400mm and I was going to find my metric tape measure to avoid brain strain. The 20-22 inches makes sense though and makes for great hitch height for my stuff. I was going to stop and measure a new semi trailer, you dont know offhand how wide it should be?

Old 06-12-03, 12:40 AM
Tractor trailers run about 90-96’’ wide.