Clarke vs. Hobart?

Old 07-30-03, 03:37 PM
lonestarjeff
Visiting Guest
Question Clarke vs. Hobart?

Does anyone know about these welders? How do they stack up against Hobart or Lincoln wire welders(assuming same output)?

Old 08-02-03, 02:31 PM
Portable Welder
Visiting Guest
To ask, how is a clark verses a hobart, is like comparing a Harley to a Gold wing.
It depends do you want to work on it or do you want to work with it. I would'nt take a clark if some one gave it to me. if your going to use it 10 minutes a year, I'm sure the clark would be fine, other than that, I would go with the gold wing.

Old 08-02-03, 04:55 PM
lonestarjeff
Visiting Guest
enough said

Old 08-06-03, 11:29 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I wouldnt fool around with anything but a Lincoln, Hobart or Miller. Garages across America have the others collecting dust everywhere because some little gizmo is broke or the thing doesnt work right. The competition between machines is so stiff that these machines are so good they can offer a 3 year warranty.

Old 03-24-06, 04:17 PM
ebikerman
Visiting Guest
Clarke Welders

I just could not resist replying to this one. I have both, a Harley and a Clarke welder. Both work flawlessly and I do not have to work on them. The Clarke welder has yet to timeout on me. It is a mig wire feed and I use it only as flux core. You guys are probably right about welders if you are a professional. If, like me you only weld occassionally, why spend the extra money when the Clarke welder works? It has such feathers as total off until the trigger is pushed. Gas is optional. No hangups of the wire feed and moderate cost. It's duty cycle is not long, but it has never timed out on me yet. As far as the Harley is concerned...well, it is my favorite motorcycle of all time and I have had quite a few over the years (1950-2006). My present Harley-Davidson is my 45th motorcycle. My second bike was also a Harley. It seems reasonable to me to buy what fits your budget and style, not necessarily what a pro uses. I would not reccommend a Harley or Gold Wing to everyone. Both of these bikes could be very dissapointing to the wrong rider. Just another opinion, please take it as such....ebikerman

Last edited by ebikerman; 03-25-06 at 04:15 PM.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: