Welder shopping

Old 01-22-04, 07:50 AM
BackSplitRich
Visiting Guest
Welder shopping

Can someone give me a headsup on some welders to buy?
I'm looking for a hobby welder (wire feed) to do automotive, build frames, go carts, fix things etc... any advice...been looking at the LIncoln and Deca welders. Also, would like to do MIG without gas.

Old 01-25-04, 06:16 AM
Portable Welder
Visiting Guest
I've never heard of a deca welder so I would run from that.
If you want a mig welder on a budget consider a miller or a lincoln.
I myself am considering buying a 110 volt machine so when I have jobs that are up on the 5th floor of a building I dont have to pull 800 feet of cable uf a stairway.
Lincoln or a miller would be a wise choice, however your limited to 3/16 thick metal at best. I would find out what your closest supplier offers and go with either one.
Good luck

Old 01-26-04, 06:15 AM
slider
Visiting Guest
I have a couple of friends that weld for a living and they like their little 110v units for small work like you're talking about. I agree with Portable--stick with Lincoln or Miller or maybe Hobart.

Old 01-28-04, 07:34 PM
P.W. at home
Visiting Guest
Yes, I forgot to mention Hobart, Their is another company out there that I'm told is better known in other states called Ready Arc.
When I was talking to the dealer I found out that they're built by miller and lincoln.
Watching these new shows like monster garage, I noticed
they were using a Esab welder good name but I thoight they sold welding wire & rod, They might also be a good choice if they have a dealer near you to get parts from.

Old 02-08-04, 03:46 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The best bang for the $ in small feeders simple to use too is the HH175, I like it with C25 gas and 030 wire. It is a small 240V machine and has a great short arc.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: