Miller chopper

Old 01-28-04, 08:15 PM
patrickflan
Visiting Guest
Miller chopper

I enjoy reading all the posts here and know that some of you will think this is cool...I was just on millers website and they are making a Miller Chopper. I guess its going to be on the Discovery Channel Feb 9 and 16 on the American Chopper series to show how it was built. The bike even has a trailer with an XMT behind it - very cool for those of us who love bikes and welding. Its right on millers homepage www.millerwelds.com

Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-04, 10:34 PM
scrapiron
Visiting Guest
Man, I love these shows. American chopper,Monster Garage even Monster House ( they usually do alot of metal fab and some fancy wiring jobs). It's about the only TV I watch. I think I read somewhere that the Junkyard Wars series was started in England as a program to help kids develop their imaginations. It's good to see shows profiling people that make a living with their minds and their hands.

Old 01-31-04, 04:10 PM
Portable Welder
Visiting Guest
just commenting on the MILLER XMT 304, This unit is an inverter it weighs about 76Lbs and puts out 400 amps of power more than most of us will ever use some times I will run it on high when mig a cutting edge on a loader. It will run off 220 single phase or 3 phase 230 volt or 460 volt it auto matically switches itself to what ever you plug it into.
I air arc of it ,tig weld with lift arc technology, no more scratch starts that contaminate your tungsten, mig weld and arc weld. the only thing it doesnt do is tig aluminum, but it does mig aluminum. It does every process great exept mig steel on thin sheet metal 16 gage and down but is great in every other aspect.
Miller also makes a Portable unit called a pipe pro which is a xmt with a motor on it.
They are a little pricey but for the type of work I do I think they're worth every penny.
And Note: The pipe pro also kicks out 12000 watts of aux. power which means 50 amps of 220 volts or 30 amps of 3 phase.