how to build cart for engine driven welder

Old 08-01-04, 07:21 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
how to build cart for engine driven welder

Does anyone have any pictures or ideas for building a 4 wheel cart for a miller gas engine driven welder weighing about 550lbs. I would like to be able to roll it on the ground. I have seen the brochures on the store bought miller and lincoln carts. Thanks in advance. dave

Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-04, 08:26 PM
scrapiron
Visiting Guest
My Lincoln is setting on a simple skid type frame made of 2" square tubing. I bolted four steel castors on so I could roll it around in the shop. I have a track made of 3" channel welded to the truck bed so I can set the welder in, snug it down and go. These small wheels (3" dia.) would not work on dirt however. If your'e going to move the welder around by hand you probably want at least 12 or 13 in. tires. If you have anything to move it with such as a riding mower or atv you might consider a small utility trailer. Then you have room for tool boxes, cables, and your oxy/acety. set.

Old 08-06-04, 04:43 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
trailer

I just bought one of those inexpensive 40"x48" red put together trailers for the highway. I'm not going to put tags on it but pull it in my 5'x10' utility trailer. The trailer is rated at around 1100 lbs. and the welder weighs 560lbs. I think this will work. I'm going to add that crank up wheel thing used on trailers so it can roll around more easily. I'm going to use it mostly outside on ground and grassy surfaces. thanks for your help. dave