Millermatic 210 problem

Old 12-04-04, 10:38 AM
bubbas1
Visiting Guest
Millermatic 210 problem

I bought this welder new a couple of months ago new. I lent it to my brother in law and the wire would kink right after the wheels before it went into the line. I brought it home and I cant get any wire to feed at all. When I push the wire feed button I can hear the click but the feeder wheels do not turn at all. Does anyone know of anything i can check to get the wheels to turn. I have to fix this problem before I work on the second one.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-04, 11:54 AM
bubbas1
Visiting Guest
Ok..I got the gun to work again. I had it plugged in for the wire feed instead if mig feed.

Now for the 2nd problem. The wire will feed smoothly until the very end (pretty close to where it comes out of the gun but not quit) then it hangs up on something and that causes the wire to kink right after the rollers. Is there any way to remove the cord(that the wire actually runs thru) to see what the problem is?
Thanks

Old 12-05-04, 08:57 PM
Super Moderator
Received 37 Votes on 35 Posts
bubbas1,

When you feed the wire you must first remove the contact tip and diffuser that the contact tip screws into.
You then need to make sure that the end of the wire is cut square.
If you keep the line straight, the wire should feed nicely.

Things to watch out for are if the liner has been accidentally kinked or some guns have a setscrew that could be pinching the liner.

Your manual should have a breakdown and dissasembly instructions for the gun and liner.

Also it is possible to overtighten the pinch roller and have similar symptoms.

Let us know how you make out.

Old 12-05-04, 10:56 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The cord that the wire runs through is the same as the liner that Greg referenced. It is replaceable, and can solve a lot of wire feed problems. However, try Greg's recommendations first, if wire does not feed with no tip on the gun, then post back.

Good luck,

Old 12-06-04, 05:09 PM
bubbas1
Visiting Guest
Today I tried again and loosened up the pinch roller . The wire would still not feed thru the end of the gun. I disconnected the gun and took it to the place I bought it from. He saud that it was the liner. So I bought a new one and replaced it. The wire fed thru great. So tonight I was welding and wouldnt you know it the same thing happened. But this time I could re-feed the wire thru with no problem. Then I remembered what was said here about the rollers being to tight. I backed them way off and it worked like a charm.

What I think happened tonight was the rollers were way to tight and it I didnt have a good contact when I started to weld the wire would push into the metal but the rollers would keep on turning because I had them to tight. Now the rollers slip if a good contact isnt made and it dosent try to force the wire thru causing a kink.

Thanks a bunch for the replies and help.

Old 12-06-04, 09:25 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Glad you got it working. Ain't it great when you figure it out