welding manuals

Old 12-10-04, 03:32 PM
shaggy
Visiting Guest
welding manuals

Hi all,

I recently purchased a chicago electric 132T dual mig welder. It came without the manual. I was wondering if anyone has an instruction manual for it . I'm going to try getting one from chicago electric, but thought I'd try here as well .

I wanted to know how the gas setup works . If anyone owns one of these I'd appreciate any feedback you could give.

thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-04, 08:54 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Why do you think it will use gas?

I did a Google search and found an Ebay listing for one of these units.
It stated that it's flux cored wire only.
Does it already have a gas fitting somewhere toward the back of the machine?

Old 12-11-04, 12:35 PM
shaggy
Visiting Guest
its got a thin plastic tube coming out of the back end . I'm not sure how you'd hook that up to a tank though .

how much pressure is the gas under?

Old 12-12-04, 06:14 AM
A
Shaggy - Welcome to the DIY Forums

To weld with shielding gas, you need a regulator and a tank of shielding gas, either C-25 or CO2. The regulator will have two pressure guages on it, one high pressure and one low. The tank will have several hundred psi of pressure, but you will adjust the gas flow to the mig to be about 10 psi on the low pressure guage. This is a good starting pressure, but you may need to increase it or decrease it for your machine.

Old 12-12-04, 11:57 AM
dm_gsxr
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by shaggy
its got a thin plastic tube coming out of the back end . I'm not sure how you'd hook that up to a tank though .

how much pressure is the gas under?
I have a Craftsman MIG welder with that same plastic tube. If anyone knows what sort of connection to get so that I can hook up my tank that'd be great. One of the local welding supply houses said I'd need a conversion fitting but he didn't have any.

(sorry for the thread hijack).

Carl

Old 12-13-04, 02:23 PM
A
Craftsman is easy. Go to www.sears.com and enter the model number, and do a parts search. They will also show accessory parts.

Old 12-13-04, 11:52 PM
G
Old 12-14-04, 04:46 PM
shaggy
Visiting Guest
hey GWIZ,

thanks .

Old 12-14-04, 07:17 PM
dm_gsxr
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by arkayassoc
Craftsman is easy. Go to www.sears.com and enter the model number, and do a parts search. They will also show accessory parts.
The machine doesn't show up on www.sears.com but if you go to www2.sears.com you can order the manual which I have. The problem is that the MIG welder is complete it's just that in order to use a standard regulator hose, you need to find something that converts from the small plastic connector in the welder to the regulator fitting. The plastic connector has a part number: P. NSF-51 which seems to be a spec for the creation of the plastic rather than some indication of its purpose.

Here are a couple of pictures:

http://www.schelin.org/stuff/gallary/welder/index.html

Thanks though.

Carl