carbone fibre/paintball gun triggers?

Old 03-02-05, 03:41 PM
notaloser
Visiting Guest
carbone fibre/paintball gun triggers?

hi there, i just recently realized that my dad has a great working milling machine in the basement and am intrested in starting my own paintball gun trigger company, making carbon fibre and aluminum triggers. another one of my goals is also to start a paintball gun annodizing business later on, so i won't worry about that department at this time.

my question is, is it possible to cut out then mill carbon fibre? could someone briefly tell me the process of creating a carbon fibre product as such. i would also have to put in some other parts to fit with the gun, but i will work out the harder details later.

This thread has been edited. This is very questionable in context.

Ads, Surveys, Advertisements, Solicitations or Pyramid Schemes Allowed In The Forum Topics.

Advertisements within the forum topics or within replies posted or within personal signatures or including email addresses within replies or signatures is not allowed on this web site. Surveys, Ads, Advertisements, Solicitations to market products, services or to hire person(s) to perform work is not allowed in any forum topics.

Posting email addresses for others to contact to obtain information or to market products or directing anyone to personal web sites which can market products or solicit services, etc are not allowed. There Are No Exceptions.

Members posting any of the above or similar, anywhere on the web site are doing so in violations to the policy and are subjected to suspension or banning.

No topics are to be used for personal gain using any method. Allowing any of the above degrades the entire web site for all concerned parties. Read the forum sticky note for additional detailed information.

Doug Aleshire
Super Moderator

Last edited by Doug Aleshire; 03-02-05 at 04:20 PM. Reason: No Advertising/Soliciation/Redirect off-site Allowed
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-05, 05:07 PM
notaloser
Visiting Guest
in no way was i trying to advertise for the company posted, please excuse my mistake, i was only trying to give an example to my question

Old 03-03-05, 10:07 PM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Carbon fiber.
If your not the one that made it, you don't know how well it will cut, or how much fiber is in the plastic/resin.
Maybe Carbon with fiber glass.

In the machine shop. we use the term composite material.
and assume that the plastic/resin material contains fiber glass that is very abrasive to cutting tools.
I had to use carbide cutting tools to get any life from the tools.

You don't want to breathe the particles from cutting composite materials.

The parts are made by a mold so you don't have to cut the material.
You need to find some one that has injection mold machines, and ask them.
----------------------------------------------
Anodizing
At one time it was $35.00 for a box of parts one color no masking.
If you use hard anodize you don't want to be cutting it later.
-----------------------------------------------
Try making 5 out of aluminum.
you will see if you don't make 50+ parts the setups for each operation will just take to long, to make any money.
just sawing will take time.

Old 04-02-05, 12:01 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
anything new ??????

Old 04-04-05, 06:32 PM
notaloser
Visiting Guest
k i just learned a lot more that i didnt know, my bad for not updating for so long.

i had no idea really how to create carbon fiber, but just yesterday helped a friend fiber glass up some body work on his OLD VB bug, and i get the idea now.

what i think im going to do instead, (not final), is someone mix my own or get trigger thickness sheets of carbon fiber then send it to a cnc mill to cut out the part of the trigger that will never change, pretty much blanks. The piece that wont change will be final work and will fit flush in all the paintball guns (some CAD design involved but its a rough sketch), then using my scroll saw cut and sand the trigger shapes of customers.

i havent figured out prices and any info on the closest cnc mill, i know the local highschool has a great engineering class with a cnc mill but i highly doubt they will let me use their equipment for profit services. if anyone has any ideas it owuld be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-05-05, 10:35 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
try them the school's need money,,,, they sell candy bars why not shop work