Contact tip removal problem

Old 03-27-05, 01:29 AM
Burnback
Visiting Guest
Angry Contact tip removal problem

Hello all

I have just recently purchased a welder which comes with a Tweco Eliminator mig gun, I need to change the contact tip but cannot find a way to remove it from the gas diffuser. It doesn't want to unscrew and no amount of twisting is bringing it out of the gas diffuser body.
Can someone with a similar gun advise me on the procedure for the removal of the tip please? From Tweco's catalogue of contact tips there is a picture of the same model tip I use but it doesn't show any thread on the end, I have no idea on how these are removed and the manual doesn't explain it either.
Hoping someone can help.
Thankyou

Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-05, 02:09 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I believe my weldpak 100 has the eliminator tweco gun. It has screw in tips. Try the store you got it at and have them remove the tip from the display model? The manufacturer probably has an 800 number to call and would be able to tell you. Might have to warm it up first.

Old 04-22-05, 11:36 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Try 1/8 to 1/4 twist and pull tip straight out. You will have to use channel locks or pliers. I had a tweco gun like that years ago. Hope that does it for ya. good luck Mike