Century Mig Welder Problem

Old 08-03-05, 09:23 PM
klamham
Visiting Guest
Question Century Mig Welder Problem

I have a century 110v, 90amp/105amp mig with gas. Had to replace wire speed pot and the replacement 25k feeds wire to quickly. Have tried a 100k pot and it is better, but the adjustment is to fine, I can not get very much difference in the speed. At #1 to slow at #10 to fast, best speed seems to be with it at #6 to #8.Heat setting has to be way up also #1 wire just curls out of tip,at # 8-#9 burns through and leaves nice weld on 11 gauge steel. I am wondering if I need to try another pot for better adjustment? I am using jumper wires to connect the pots temporarily so I don't kill the circuit board, could they be changing the value of the pots due to increased resistance? Thanks for the help. Kevin

Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-05, 10:03 PM
Super Moderator
Received 13 Votes on 13 Posts
Kevin,

Are these potentiometers from Century?

Old 08-03-05, 10:42 PM
klamham
Visiting Guest
Arrow

The 25k is 1/4 watt from a&a hydraulics the place licoln said to buy it. I used thier parts#. The 100k is 1/2 watt and is from radio shack. The factory 25k had a circuit board attached but I only bought the pot. I think the jumper wire that I am using to connect pot to board maybe changing the resitance that the board and machine are seeing.I have been using the jumpers to save the lands on the board from soldering fatuige and heat.