Miller s-32p

Old 08-22-05, 07:39 AM
jippotrucker
Visiting Guest
Miller s-32p

I've been lusting after a wire feed for my Miller 301 for a while now. I have had a Clark 130A mig machine for a over a year now. Of course being a small machine it has its limitation, but the portabilty of 110V has made it a handy unit. I am pretty close to settling on S-32p(VS) But I thought I should ask around a bit more.

Other than needing an extension for the RC why use VS?

What is better about an 8 or 12 VS/RC feeder?

What won't I be able to do with the s-32( I know al wire needs a spool gun)?

Hobart or Lincoln have a more capable unit?

Size and weight is a concern...but not to the point where a spoolgun would be preferable

Most my welding is of a portable nature, evenly divided between repairs and fabrication. I do plan to acquire a spoolmatic 30A in the near future, so I am thinking between the two..I should have all the bases covered or do I?
Thanks- EDX

Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-05, 03:29 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If you post this question at the Hobart board: http://www.hobartwelders.com/mboard/index.php?

You will get answers from tons of guys experienced using all of those, especially Millers (Miller and Hobart are owned by same parent company.)

VS feeders are primarily for CC units, RC great for more control with lower to moderate amperages (like your machine) and for CV power supplies, as a general rule.

The SuitCases are best for outdoors work, as they are more protected and easier to carry. You'll have a better selection of wire if you went with the 12" size over the 8" size.