distributor box?


Old 09-18-05, 09:23 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
distributor box?

Hi. I just received as a gift a 250 amp stick welder that I would very much like to practice on. I am quite interested in welding.

So I gave it a try but I couldn't strike an arc because the circuit breaker kept breaking. Then I read through the manual and apparently I need a distributor box? (the manual is hard to understand as it was not written in very good english)

So what is a distributor box, what does it look like, how expensive is it and where can I buy one?

My welder has a rated input of 14.2 kva.

Thank you for reading
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-05, 11:11 PM
IBM5081's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 655
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The English version of a distributor box is known as a distribution panel or service panel. You already have one - it's where that circuit breaker is located.

The problem is that the circuit breaker you are currently using is too small for the amount of power needed by the welder. You should contact a licensed electrician to examine what you have and tell you what is needed for your welder to work properly. You will not be able to obtain good welds until the power problem is addressed.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: