Drawer Pull Repair Question

Old 04-03-06, 06:47 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 80
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drawer Pull Repair Question

I have a metal drawer pull about 5 or 6 inches wide that the small pivot end hads broken off. The pull is an antique brass finish, but almost looks like some kind of casting from the back unfinished side. Can this be welded somehow? I can't find a replacement for it anywhere.
Old 04-03-06, 07:13 AM
majakdragon's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: N.E. Arkansas
Posts: 7,813
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If it is cast, it would probably have to be brazed. If it is pot metal (cast aluminum) it would be hard to do. If the break is clean and has no missing pieces, you may want to try an epoxy glue. Good luck.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: