Miller 110 Mig

Old 07-29-06, 05:00 PM
M
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Miller 110 Mig

I have a MAC (Miller) MW135 mig welder that will not feed wire. I replaced the wire drive and it still will not feed. When you press the trigger the gas runs but no wire. I tried to seperate the wire feed motor from the welder and it runs fine with a different power supply. There is a set of contacts on the opposite side from the wire feed motor that closes when the trigger is pressed and current seems to be passing through. This unit had done this before and then just started working by itself again. Any ideas??? Thanks, Brian

Old 07-29-06, 09:49 PM
Bend in cable liner maybe?

If you remove the gun and cable, will the wire feed out into space if it is not threaded through the cable and gun?

Old 08-02-06, 04:22 PM
awh you have found the main weakness in Mig setups. The silly liner and especially the tips. Replace the liner with a new one and install a brand new tip and you should be Ok I like to use a jar of mig tip dip gel when using the mig a lot it helps keep the tip from crapping up. Another problem is having the wire speed set a bit low it tends to cause the wire to burn back into the tip, destroying it in a very short period of time. Once it sticks go ahead and replace the tip right then keep a pack of tips handy.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: