welding choosing eye protection

Old 10-22-06, 09:59 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
welding choosing eye protection

It was mention before about lense shade for eye protection a person discussed he couldnt see his work and i would like to add that yes there is lenses made with mag. added to lenses but i believe he was talking about drakness shade # 11 is pretty dark for a low amp unit to see with and i use # 10 but i would like to add that there is Gold covered lenses made for both sizes they let alot of light in so you can see better at what your doing and the UV is blocked by the gold plating, there little more money but well worth the cost, its like hey who turned on the light a great big diff. Be careful you can scrartch them and then there done throw away but you can use protector clear lens to keep that from happening, Just remember people your working with UV sun glasses and cutting torch glasses wont help and youll be in the hospital getting your eyes fixed. I ve turned on these gold lenses even to old stick people they never new they exsited and man what a diff. Food for thought. Iam a gas welder and stick welder myself and following these threads to improve on my Mig skills so were all learning here. A day you havent learned something is a day that you have not LIVED.

Douglas

Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-06, 11:42 AM
Super Moderator
Received 15 Votes on 15 Posts
Douglas,

Thanks for the tip!
Never heard of them and they sound worth looking into.
Was looking to get an electronic lens but they don't work so good in cold weather.