torches

Old 03-14-09, 05:32 AM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
torches

ok I just bought a 60 cfoxy tank /40cf acetylene tanks . first question is why am i having so much trouble cutting 1/4 steel ??? oxy reg set @ 10 psi and acty @ 5 psi , valves on handle aare oxy wide open and acety just enough to start , and valve at oxy lever closed . ok then stike turn up acyet add oxy and when i hit lever it goes out .. ..... ok then i cut /tried to cut for about 45 min on and off one day maybe 10 min the next and i ran out of bolth ??? way to fast i think . sound correct or should i get bigger tanks and what size ??? thanx for any help

Old 03-14-09, 07:45 AM
Try this.

turn on both bottles, torch valves off. Set oxy regulator to 35-40 psi, set act. reg to 7 or 8 psi. Open the torch valve for the act. enough to light the torch, open the oxy. slowly. Give it more act, and oxy to balance the flame, very small, very blue flames right at the torch tip. The rest of the flame will be blue/orange. When you hit the torch trigger, these small blue flames shouldn't get any bigger, if they do, you don't have enough oxy, turned on the torch valve. good luck.

Old 03-14-09, 10:51 AM
E
thx

thank you for your answer to my question but what about the amount i used ???

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: