aluminum/steel rod question

Old 03-18-10, 07:54 PM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
aluminum/steel rod question

Okay so I'm building this: YouTube - How To: Mount a Laptop to Your Exercise Equipment and I measured everything out, and the front part, it was too long, so I must have been like so out of it because for some reason I went a half inch under what it should be....Can anyone give me a recommendation of what to do now? it's too short....so....idk....i guess I could use the square tube because I still have almost 2 feet of that....so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Also, can anybody suggest a way to make it easily removable from the bike?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-10, 08:23 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 601 Votes on 555 Posts
Sorry it took so long to reply I had to get to a fast enough connection to watch the video. I'm not sure what your problem is. You first say that the front part is too long but then switch to saying it's too short? Can you post a picture of what you have built so far?

Old 03-22-10, 05:20 PM
F
no it was too long, so I cut it, but for some reason, I cut it a half inch too short. So idk what to do now. It was too long, but then I cut it too short. So is that piece just useless now? or is there something I can do to save it?

Old 03-23-10, 04:33 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 601 Votes on 555 Posts
The easiest is to replace it. Depending on how you are using the part you can use a piece of scrap like a splint or a jointer plate to hold a 1/2" long piece of material in place.

Old 03-23-10, 06:32 AM
F
I don't know what either of those things are....and I don't have any more right angle bar, so I'd either have to buy another 3 feet, in which almost 2 of those feet would go to waste, or I could use the square one, because I have enough left over of that...