Kind of a weird question: Metal on leather

Old 07-07-14, 08:48 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Kind of a weird question: Metal on leather

Hello guys! This is my first post, I'm not really good at DIY stuff, and that is why I'm asking this here because I honestly don't know what to do or where to ask this.

So i bought a waistcoat like this a while ago, I really like it I mostly go to concerts in it, so it sometimes gets a pretty hard pounding. It is made of leather and above that is gunmetal, between the two there is a small layer of "sponge". To this sponge the metal i attached to by a few screws.

Name:  DSC_0153.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  29.8 KB

The problem is that two of these screws have been torn out recently and I don't know how to fix this. I need it fixed really fast because it is needed in a play this saturday.

Name:  DSC_0154.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  17.0 KB

Is there a very strong kind of glue that I can get nearby? Some people said that I should use another screw, but I don't have the tools for that and I don't want to ruin the leather that is underneath it. Do you guys have some other ideas?

Old 07-08-14, 12:36 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,328 Upvotes on 2,987 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

It's pretty difficult to see what you are trying to repair there. Also, since you're not from the States.... I don't know what kind of glues you have available. Here, I would use Goop or Gorilla glue.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: