Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Need Suggestion on Modded Desktop panel

TX

04-13-18, 06:42 AM   #1  
Need Suggestion on Modded Desktop panel

Hey, I've had success getting help on this project a couple times before in this forum, and I'm thinking this is the best place to put it, but if you think it would be better in cabinets or something let me know. Everything in the computer forum seems related to software or hardware problems.

I might try posting in crafts, but I think this is more of a metal working situation because that's what I'm dealing with,.

So... I am building a modded desktop for the first time, which you can see pictures of here Hey, I've had success getting help on this project a couple times before in this forum, and I'm thinking this is the best place to put it, but if you think it would be better in cabinets or something let me know. Everything in the computer forum seems related to software or hardware problems.

I might try posting in crafts, but I think this is more of a metal working situation because that's what I'm dealing with,.

So... I am building a modded desktop for the first time, which you can see pictures of here Hey, I've had success getting help on this project a couple times before in this forum, and I'm thinking this is the best place to put it, but if you think it would be better in cabinets or something let me know. Everything in the computer forum seems related to software or hardware problems.

So... I am building a modded desktop for the first time, which you can see pictures of here

The panel with the porthole is really heavy, (though less heavy with Plexiglas then it was when I had a .5" thick tempered glass lol)

It DOES fit on the notches and slide in, but it's heavy enough that you have to lay the case on the side to put it on, which I wouldnt want to do once my components are inside (although I guess it wouldn't harm it, it certainly wont be good for it)

Also I need to try to get it as close to airtight as possible. If no one has any idea what I could do to hold the metal panel in place, I'll also take suggestions on something to weld or drill onto the other side to weigh it down so I don't have to lay it on it's side.

I am hoping you guys can give me a suggestion of some type of custom mod to make the panel slide in.

Also as much as I appreciate how awesome these forums are, I'm still new here so if you think I should try putting this in crafts or cabinets instead let me know.
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Super Moderator

PA

04-13-18, 08:39 AM   #2  
Just an FYI. Duplicates aren't allowed to avoid confusion and to keep all replies together. If there's a better topic for it, a mod will just move this thread there.

Adopt a shelter pet!
Spay or neuter your pet!
Please don't leave pets or kids in a hot car!
Bring your pets inside in this cold weather! Have some compassion and sense.

Group Moderator

NJ

04-13-18, 04:57 PM   #3  
This forum is fine for your thread. Not quite sure what happened to your post. Did you proofread it after you posted it ?? It's repeated 2-3 times in different ways. You are allowed to edit your posts for a short while to make corrections.

"modded desktop" ....... not really sure what this means. I'm having a hard time understanding what you are trying to do. You mention airtight..... it looks like the whole cabinet is open.

Is this the same thing you were doing here.... making-porthole-pc-case-air-tight.html

~ Pete ~

Search this Thread