Harbor Freight Easy Flux 125

Old 01-29-22, 11:04 PM
N
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Harbor Freight Easy Flux 125

Hi,
I bought a Harbor Freight Easy-Flux 125 welder to do some minor repair work around the property. Can i use this same welder to weld a motorcycle one tire cargo trailer? Is it strong enough to do the job? If not, which welder would you recommend? Thanks.

Old 01-30-22, 01:07 AM
Received 1,057 Upvotes on 959 Posts
Flux welders as the name applies use a welding wire with flux core that burns to create the shielding gas necessary for a clean weld.

The only problem is that the gas only forms once the weld is started thus the shielding gas is not always present so the welds are typ not as clean as a MIG welder and it tends to frustrate the users.

All I can suggest is to do a lot of practice beforehand.

Norm had a similar welder, tried looking for it, if he reads this maybe he can provide a link and give an update.

Old 01-30-22, 07:10 AM
Group Moderator
Received 660 Upvotes on 560 Posts
Are you planning to weld a motorcycle trailer or just a bracket to hold the front wheel while the motorcycle is on a trailer?

Old 01-31-22, 09:10 AM
Super Moderator
Received 66 Upvotes on 61 Posts
I have used that type of welder and they work but have found them to have had an unstable arc, especially when used at maximum settings.
Not sure if others have experienced this but if yours has an unstable arc it could be frustrating trying to improve your skills.
If you know someone who is an experienced welder they could asses your welder and tell if it was capable of welding more critical welding projects.
And that would be an experienced welder that has a lot of welding hours under their belt, not google hours! 🤪

Old 02-02-22, 03:35 PM
N
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
LOL...i don't do google hours. I actually repaired holes in iron railings. Holes that are 1 inch wide and sometimes 2 inches in length. That's how good i am. They aren't prefect but it did the job.

I need to find the link on youtube about the motorcycle cargo trailer. It's very simple to me. It's not very hard imo.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: