low water pressure

Old 02-11-04, 03:42 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
low water pressure

My water pressure has been extremely low the past 2 weeks. I am on well water. The bladder tank specs says it should kick in at 30 psi and cut off at 50 psi.
The pump kicks in every now and then. I thought it should kick in when the pressure reached a certain point. Any solutions?

Old 02-11-04, 04:20 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Cool

Turn the pump off, drain the water pressure down, and check the air pressure in your bladder tank with a tire gauge.
It should read 28 psi, two psi below the pump 30 psi cut-on pressure.
If it is too low, air it up with a bicycle pump or portable air tank or compressor. If you get water out of the air valve, you will need to replace the tank.
It should read 50 psi when the pump builds up and cuts off.
When you get the pressure tank squared away, you can adjust the pressure control switch to adjust the cut-on/cut-off, if necessary.
Let us know what you find, and we can tell you how to adjust the pressure switch if you need to.
Good Luck!
Mike

Old 02-12-04, 05:04 AM
M
low water pressure

I did what you instructed. Water did come out of the air valve on the pressure tank.

Old 02-12-04, 05:30 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Cool

Bladder is shot. Time for a new pressure tank. It should come factory pre-set to the 28 psi, but double-check it.
Good Luck!
Mike

Old 04-04-04, 12:51 PM
jokervillian
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb

SOMETIMES SIMPLE THINGS ARE TO BLAME!
I FOUND THAT NOT ONLY COULD IT BE YOUR PUMP AT THA WELL BUT SOMTHING AS SIMPLE AS SAND AND DIRT IN YOUR LINE. I CURRENTLY HAVE A FILTER TO TRY TO PREVENT THIS BUT SOMTIMES PARTICLES STILL GET THROUGH.SIMPLY TAKE YOU MAIN WATER LINE RUNNING TO THE HOUSE AND DISCONNECT IT.MAKE SURE PUMP IS OFF . CLEAN OR REPLACE VALVE THAT RUNS INTO HOUSE AND RECONNECT EVERYTHING. PRESSURE SHOULD RESUME IF THIS WAS YOUR PROBLEM. WORTH TRY`N BEFORE SPENDING ALOT OF MONEY OR TIME!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: