sum pump

Old 04-20-04, 08:47 AM
randy1970
Visiting Guest
sum pump

Hi there,

I want to know what is this sum pump, I have 2 years old new hosue , i wnat to know where do I locate this sum pump.
Every house should have one ?

Old 04-20-04, 03:17 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I want to know what is this sum pump, I have 2 years old new hosue , i wnat to know where do I locate this sum pump.

New home .Did they say that you had a sump pump in the basement of the home. not all homes have them or need them.

ED

Old 04-20-04, 04:04 PM
aladinl
Visiting Guest
The sump pump is usually installed in the sump pit in the basement. All you could see is an electrical cord coming out of the sump pit and the cord is plugged into an electrical outlet. You have to remove the cover of the sump pit before you can see the sump pump.

Old 08-22-04, 01:10 PM
workerbee493
Visiting Guest
sump pump

Hey there,
A sump pump is usualy put into houses prone to getting water in the basement it is a vacuume to get that water out and into the yard. Your should find it in the further most corner of your basement and it should havea cord comming from the ground to a plug-in. Hope That Helps!
Chris

Old 09-05-04, 05:48 PM
leetn
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by Ed Imeduc

New home .Did they say that you had a sump pump in the basement of the home. not all homes have them or need them.

ED
Hi Ed,
I thought all homes have them especially ones with a basement that is at least 5ft below ground. I'm purchasing a T/H and I'm having this potential home inspected. The inspector said that the home should have one. He couldn't find one. I talked to a friend of mine and he said that it's possible for T/H on the same row to share a big sum pump unit. What do you think?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: