Slow recharge rate causing air in lines.

Old 05-23-04, 11:46 AM
mhuppertz
Visiting Guest
Slow recharge rate causing air in lines.

I have a well that is starting to slow down on the recharge rate, which seems to cause the pressure take to become overcharged and the water spits as a result. Also there is a lot of air in the water generally.
Is there any device that removes air in a system?
Thanks so much!
Mark Huppertz
Tijeras, NM

Old 05-23-04, 04:17 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink

Info Info would help What kind of pump do you have ? What kind of tank do you have just air or a bladder type?
Is the pump a jet are down in the well? You sure the well has water? Post back and some one here can try and help you

ED

Old 05-23-04, 08:23 PM
mhuppertz
Visiting Guest
Air in lines, more info

Thanks for the reply. I have a submersible at 480' and a precharge pressure tank (the kind with a shrader valve on the top) made by Amtrol, Well-X-Trol and I believe it is a bladder type. The only thing I know about the pump is it's voltage, 220.
Thanks again.

Old 05-23-04, 10:01 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
First thing to look at: the pressure tank bladder may have a leak in it.
Turn the pump off and drain the water pressure off. Check the tank pressure with a tire gauge.
It should read two psi below your pump cut-on pressure (i.e. 28 psi for a pump set at 30-50 cut-on/cut-off, for example).
If it is below that, air the bladder back up to the 2 psi below with a bicycle pump or portable air tank or compressor, turn the pump back on and see if it builds up to cut-off pressure and holds it (tire gauge check) without losing pressure.
If it doesn't hold it, replace the pressure tank.
Good Luck!
Mike

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: