water holding tank - losing pressure often

Old 08-31-04, 03:26 PM
Claricekl
Visiting Guest
Question water holding tank - losing pressure often

This may be the same problem as someone had about 10 days ago. My water pump is running OFTEN but for a very short time. The pressure drops quite rapidly with no water usage. Noticed floor wet around tank but after drying - the only leak I found was a SLOW drip from where the pipe enters the house from the well. Does this indicate a crack in the pipe - maybe in the wall or just water just traveling there along the pipe? Would this cause the pressure to go down that often and fast (about every minute or two)? The other post sounded similar but just want to make sure I am not reading something into it. Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-04, 06:09 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink

Id look for more of a leak there.
My water pump is running OFTEN but for a very short time.
Is the bladder or air tank OK

ED

Old 09-19-04, 06:17 PM
Claricekl
Visiting Guest
a late "Thanks ED for your response!"

Sorry I have not been back. "Someone" insisted he would check out things himself, but since we figured the entrance of the pipe was at least 6 foot down and in pure sand that caves in - the excavation proved to be a little more involved than it seemed (including moving an air conditioning unit etc.) so didn't get finished.
I think probably the bladder in the tank is BAD - but have printed out all the instructions for checking this etc. - but not done yet. (Health issues right after prevented me from attempting myself) The tank more than likely about 23 years old, so likely it would be best to replace tank.

We have been turning the pump on and off whenever we need water - I'm getting tired of it! A well man has been called (several times) but not heard back. Looks like we may have to find another!