pump and pressure tank system

Old 10-19-04, 10:09 AM
jamie2666
Visiting Guest
pump and pressure tank system

Well I shall try this again, got through my post and somehow it didn't get posted...so here we go again

Another newbie here, but have found a tonne of helpful information on this site so thanks to everyone that posts here!

I am at the tail end of building my first house on an acreage and in the past few months have learned how to install a complete ducting system, wire a house, install a gas line, do all the drain work and install a pex plumbing system ( its amazing what you can learn when you are way over budget ) Anyways I am down to the last little thing and that is figuring out the proper way to get water from my pressure tank to my hot and cold water manifolds. In my mind it should come out of the pressure tank, which is a 1 1/4 inch threaded hole and then tee off a 3/4 inch line to the hot water tank and then 3/4 inch line to the cold water manifold. Question is what type of materials do I use and where do a tee it off, that is assuming this is correct. I thought I might buy a 1 1/4 inch to 3/4 inch galvanized reducer right off the tank and run 3/4 inch pex but I am thinking that I shouldn't be reducing it that much at the tank. Also is there a rule about how much copper you have to run out of your hot water tank before you can run pex ? I have a three foot piece of copper coming out of the tank and then ran pex from there to my manifold. Does this sound correct ? Any help would be appreciated as I really need a shower and am tired of "going" in the bush Thanks in advance

Old 10-19-04, 03:42 PM
mr mike
Visiting Guest
i would go with an 1-1/4 x 1 brass reducer. then use 1 x 3/4 reducing tees to the water heater & manifolds 3 feet of pex is plenty for water heater.good luck

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: