low water pressure

Old 11-01-04, 01:59 PM
kman2
Visiting Guest
Question low water pressure

In the last two weeks ,in the mourning when im taking a shower the water pressure is low ,then it just quits no water!.After about 20-30 seconds the water comes back on full pressure then begins to tapper off to normal.Im new to a home with a well,and would at least like to be able to understand the well guy if i need to call him.Could this be air in the system?Or a bad accumalator(bladder tank)?Or what else ?If its just a matter of bleeding the system ,i could handle this ,or even replacing the bladder tank.Can you tell me how to bleed the system of air?

Old 11-02-04, 10:36 AM
G
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Air is compressible and if you had air in the plumbing, the water wouldn't stop flowing. You have a pump or well problem; it won't be anything to do with the presssure tank, eve nif the bladder is broken, the tank is still under pressure and nothing more than a wide spot in the water pipe. Like a short 30" long 16" diameter pipe in your 3/4" or 1" plumbing... if ya think about it.

Do a search here for leak + well etc..

Gary
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Company Name Removed Only
Doug Aleshire, Super Moderator 2

Last edited by Doug Aleshire; 03-11-05 at 08:47 PM.
Old 11-07-04, 05:29 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Many times the problem you have is caused by a clogged pipe between the pressure switch and the main water pipe. If a galvanized pipe was used instead of brass, it may clog quickly with rust. The only way to know is to turn off power, remove the wires from the pressure switch and take it off the pipe and look at the pipe nipple. If it is all clogged, replace it with a brass one.

Ken

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: