septic system question

Old 11-03-04, 03:09 PM
kman2
Visiting Guest
septic system question

Im not having any problems with my system ,but read on a different sight that i need to have my tank pumped every 5 years and dont use any addatives..Is this true?I cant seem to find any place to have mine pumped out .Do all septic systems have a place to pump them out?My system was installed about 30 years ago and has never had a problem or been pumped .Should i be worried?

Old 11-03-04, 03:18 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Consider yourself very fortunate. It is obvious that you respect the system and it has rewarded you. They should be pumped every 5 years. There also SHOULD be a cover that is removable for this purpose. Everyone has their own thoughts on additives. New technology would seem to prevail here but then there are those who use that to sell you junk that does nothing. Good luck....even though you seem to have had your share.

Old 11-04-04, 06:25 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The clean-out lids are probably buried.

Old 11-04-04, 08:27 PM
gwarr
Visiting Guest
The clean out lid is usually burried with the rest of the tank. You can pay extra to have it dug up for you ( about $25- $50). The sludge in the bottem of your septic tank is what needs to be removed. The longer it stayes down there the thicker and deeper it gets, untill it plugs your drain feild or your septic. As for aditives any one worth anything, contains micro-organisms, which eat most of the floaters and convert it into sludge ( active yeast works good).

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: