septic tank help

Old 01-17-05, 10:19 AM
deepsa
Visiting Guest
Question septic tank help

anybody with experience on septic tanks.I need to know how to replace the effluent filter.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-05, 10:26 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What "effluent filter"?
Do you mean the vertical T baffle in the tank (blocks floating sludge) before the effluent water goes out into the distribution box and drainfield, or the drainfield itself?
Please describe your system and problem in more detail, and we'll be glad to try to help you.
Mike

Old 01-18-05, 01:57 PM
septic filter

Hi Deepsa
I will assume you have an access to the septic tank in the yard (manhole) Upon opening that manhole, you should see a pvc tee fitting where the effluent line leaves the tank. The filter is inserted into the top of the tee fitting. Most effluent filters have a handle built in the top and simply pull up and out. These can be cleaned with a water hose and re-installed.

Last edited by waterdoc; 01-18-05 at 02:00 PM. Reason: left something out
Old 01-19-05, 08:37 PM
deepsa
Visiting Guest
Angry

Originally Posted by waterdoc
Hi Deepsa
I will assume you have an access to the septic tank in the yard (manhole) Upon opening that manhole, you should see a pvc tee fitting where the effluent line leaves the tank. The filter is inserted into the top of the tee fitting. Most effluent filters have a handle built in the top and simply pull up and out. These can be cleaned with a water hose and re-installed.
Hi,and thanks for the reply.I tried using a 25' snake thru both bathrooms,shower,bathtub,both sinks and even in the kitchen sink but my toilet is still clogged.I even got a lot of crap backed up in my shower.I was thinking of calling the guys that pump out the septic thanks.My septic tank is only 4yrs. 8mon old.I had my house built in may of 2000.I never had it pumped out since I moved in.What can I do?

Old 01-19-05, 09:39 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Location: langley, in sunny fraser valley, bc , near vancouver
Hi Deepsa,
- you have to find and maybe uncover the lid of the primary tank of your septic system. This is the first piece that the drain goes to. it may well need pumping out, I've seen this anywhere after three years. It all depends on the size of tank and the usage it's had. It's not uncommon to need pumping after 4 years. Call 2-3 local services and see what they charge. Generally guys who work on their own are more helpful and knowledgeable. Good luck with it. Post back and let us know what happens.

Do it Right - Do it once.