what is the most cheapest and efficent way to install a sump pump

Old 02-17-05, 10:49 PM
bskang
Visiting Guest
what is the most cheapest and efficent way to install a sump pump

I have a basement that is very old and floods after every heavy snowfall and rainfall. The water seems to be coming from cracks and holes in the floor. The basement is unfinished and the solution does not have to look pretty as long as it keeps it dry. I have heard that putting a sump pump in a pit will fix the problem because the surface water on the basement floor always travel to one corner of the basement.[which is where I will be putting the sump pump].Do I need to put french drains in and around my basement leading to the sump pump or is the sump pump enough since it is being placed in the lowest part of the basement.One concern is wouldn't it cause erosion under my concrete floor if the water is traveling underneath the floor?Would the water travel underneath the length of the floor to the sump pump which can be about 80 feet?And if it is ok would the water come through the cracks and holes even with sump pump installed?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-05, 02:11 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Buy a well known sump pump, make sure the pit is installed in the lowest area of the basement to catch the ground water.

Make sure the discharge of the pump is expelled as far away from the foundation to keep from recycling water entering the pit.