Deep Well Submersible Pump Replacement

Old 06-14-05, 11:07 AM
TundraTurkey
Visiting Guest
Deep Well Submersible Pump Replacement

My well piping has developed a small hole and I'm replacing the pipe from the surface down to the submersible well pump. I figured I would replace the pump while I'm at it since it's 35+ years old. I'm not sure what to replace it with. I have a 120' deep well with a Peabody Barnes pump that runs at 3/4 HP, 230v, single phase, 8 Amps.

Can you run a surface pump for this deep of a well? If so, what are some reliable pumps? If not, what are some reliable submersible pumps on the market today that I could replace my current one with?

-TT

Old 06-14-05, 04:58 PM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I wouldn't replace it with a jet pump (above ground) because sub pumps are far superior. There are several good brands out there and all the pros have their favorites. Generally, look for a Franklin motor on it (most of the major brands use them) Try to stay away from the off-brands at the home improvement stores (they are usually made by reputable companies but are made to different specs to make them cheaper) Look to plumbing supply houses or pro dealers. Some good brands are, Goulds,Jacuzzi,Aeromotor,Berkley,Meyers,and Sta-Rite (my favorite) There are many more, These are just the ones that are popular around here. Hope this helps
Waterdoc

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: