Emergency!!! PLZ HELP FAST (Power & Water Supply)

Old 06-20-05, 09:24 PM
naters_6287
Visiting Guest
Angry Emergency!!! PLZ HELP FAST (Power & Water Supply)

Ok, heres the deal. I went to my moms house today to change a shut-off valve for outdoor water. I turned off the main water supply b/c no other shutoff is present. They have a 20gl pressure tank in the basement and the well is outside. I turned the water back on and we used water outside for approx 2 hours...My little brother took a shower but the water stopped and then started again about 2 mins later. I went back home and my mom got ahold of me saying "we have no water"......The pressure tank was empty but still read 48psi.....My mom also said that every few minutes the lights would dim. I went over there to see if i could find an answer only to find that my step dad wants to be lazy and ignorant and just pay money to have someone come out and check it out....She runs a daycare and needs it fixed asap...Can anyone help me fast before she goes and pays someone $$$$$ to fix something that may only cost a few dollars and is something i can do. HELP!

Old 06-23-05, 02:37 PM
Received 11 Upvotes on 8 Posts
It sounds like everything should be working......

You did turn the shutoff valve back on?!?!

When you run the water in the house, does the pump kick on? The pressure in the tank drop and than build back up when the water is shut off?

Maybe your pump lost its prime and isn't pumping water?!?!?

Really need to have more information as to what is happening now. However, I would go back to basics and see if and where the water is gettin to..is the pump pumping, if so what is stopping the water at what point....

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: