New Well Sediment Filter

Old 06-29-05, 03:03 PM
Tonyr433
Visiting Guest
New Well Sediment Filter

Recently I purchased a sediment filter to get rid of the battle I've been having with dirt being sucked into my toilet when it's flushed. Also, the water pressure to my washing machine is low on the cold water side. I'd like to install the filter but the "easy installation instructions" are only easy to someone who knows a little about well pumps. I need to know which side is the pressure side and even though the arrows on the filter show the "in" and "out" direction of the flow, I still need to get clarification on which way it should be mounted to ensure which direction the "in" should go. To you all I'm sure this is a trivial matter, but to me, this is a problem I'd like to overcome. Please, help a transplanted city boy out.

Old 06-29-05, 07:33 PM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hi,
Just look at your pressure tank setup. The line from the pump/well should come in and go to the tank. The line leaving the tank going to the plumbing, is where the filter should go...NEVER before the tank. The line from the tank should go to the "in" side of the filter. Be sure to install valves on each side of the filter if it doesn't have a built-in valve.
Waterdoc

Old 06-29-05, 08:51 PM
Tonyr433
Visiting Guest
New Well Sediment Filter

Thanks, Waterdoc. That was very helpful. I really appreciate your help. This will probably be one of the web-sites I'll be glued to for quite some time to come. Thanks again.

Tonyr433

Old 06-29-05, 09:12 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Also make sure you buy only the "fabric" type of sediment filter element to go in your housing. These are made either of a continuous fiber configuration or one that looks like wound yarn. Steer away from the pleated paper elements, as they are not that much less expensive but can deteriorate. The fiber ones can be rinsed and re-used a time or two before they need replacement.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: