Water volume problem?

Old 07-06-05, 11:55 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Water volume problem?

I have a jet type pump (I think...it sits in a well house with a small 4 gal tank...) at my cabin. I just bought the place last fall so I'm still getting familiar with it. Whenever someone uses anything in the cabin (toilet/sink etc.) the pump kicks in fairly quickly (but not immediately)...I assume this is because of the size of the small tank (basketball size)...but then it runs for about 2-4 minutes to get the pressure back up....I also noticed that when it runs I can see air bubbles/gurgling of water in the whole house filter housing....So I need some help troubleshooting to determine if 1.)the well is losing water 2.)the pump is going bad 3.)the footervalve is corroded and not allowing the pump the volume of water it needs.....I wouldn't think that the pump should take very long at all to get the pressure back..

Any thoughts ideas? Looking for the lowest cost solution to this minor but irritating problem...

thanks
Doug

Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-05, 06:57 AM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
It sounds to me like the pump is drawing the water level down to the footvalve, at which time the pump starts drawing in air.
How long is the suction line and at what depth is the water level in the well?
Ron