new pump no water!

Old 12-31-05, 08:22 AM
spyguy007
Visiting Guest
new pump no water!

hi my name is nate. yesterday i installed a new wayne 1/2 hp shallow well jet pump in my basement. my well is about 18-20 feet deep.i installed all new fittings from the supply pipe from the well to the service lines to the house. i also installed a new bladder tank. the big problem is that the pump will not build any more then 8 psi and it stays running. the pump was primed properly and stays primed. i thought maybe the water level dropped too low in the pipe from the well so i added 12 gal of water and it still would not pump. i am out of ideas if aanybody could help i would love it. i have no water!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-05, 08:43 AM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hi Nate,
How far is it from the well to the pump? 12 gallons of water sounds like a lot to fill the pipe. Did the pipe get completely full? If not, you may have a problem with the footvalve on the lower end of the suction line.
Also, did you adjust the precharge in the new pressure tank, assuming it was a diaphragm type?
Ron

Old 12-31-05, 09:13 AM
spyguy007
Visiting Guest
thanks ron,the pump is only 2 feet from the well and i did check the tank it was set correctly. is there any easy way to check the foot valve? -nate

Old 12-31-05, 09:27 AM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You'll have to pull the suction line out of the well to check/replace the footvalve. Since you poured 12 gallons in the pipe and still no prime, I'm guessing the footvalve would be the problem.
Since you've replaced the pump, could it be that the footvalve caused problems with the old pump?
Ron

Old 12-31-05, 09:33 AM
spyguy007
Visiting Guest
thanks again ron i will look into that i do know the old pump was bad though the motor was shot.thanks, -nate