Miracle cure for failing septic system?

Old 02-22-06, 08:21 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Miracle cure for failing septic system?

Well, our 37 year old septic system (septic tank, 2 drywells, one leach field pipe) is starting to fail, as the water level in the drywells and tank is always very high and the system backs up into the basement toilet during heavy rain.

We were quoted approx. $20,000 for a full septic system replacement consisting of a new tank, a second tank with a pump chamber, and a 600 sq. ft. leach field area that has to be raised up. The quote seems to be accurate. We have also been informed of a new technology that can rejuvenate a failing system:
http://www.soilair.com/

The cost is supposed to be much less, and no major digging / work has to be done. Has anyone used a system similar to the one above? Does it work as well as it is described? Any issues/problems others have encountered?

Just trying to get a feel for how well this alternative solution would work. Thanks.

Rob

Old 02-22-06, 12:21 PM
A
i say its a bunch of malarky.

Old 02-22-06, 02:16 PM
R
Do you have any background for this, or is it a gut feeling? The contractor seems to believe in it, and has installed a number of them already with great results. Just looking for experiences / knowledge of how effective this kind of system could be.

Rob

Old 02-22-06, 04:41 PM
J
Received 326 Votes on 281 Posts
There is no info there of any use to know what the system is. The product info link is dead. This system is supposed to work. I have no personal experience to say for sure.

http://www.subsanserv.com/septic_restoration.htm

It is called terralift. They inject styrofoam beads into the ground to make it percolate better.

Old 02-23-06, 05:19 AM
F
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
i can vouch for the terralift solution. had it done about 4 years ago. if the field is the problem it will work.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: