Engineered Septic Sys. - PureFlo EcoFlo Advantix

Old 12-09-06, 11:26 AM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Engineered Septic Sys. - PureFlo EcoFlo Advantix

Hello All -

I recently bought a "lot" with the intent of selling my current home and renting while having a modest house built on it. I have never had a house "built" before and am ignorant on the bulk of the processes one of which is engineered septic systems.

The property has a significant slope from front to back down to a lake. The soil summary and plat show the house up the hill to the front of the lot and a gravity drain field 20' below rear of house. A filtered septic system is required. Here are some questions and concerns.....

What are opinions/experiences with EcoFlo, Advantix and Pureflo?

Is a pump required for these septic systems if the drain field is rated for gravity feed?

I am considering soil testing the upper area of the lot and putting the house closer to the water.....
Is there any benefit to a gravity drain field if a pump is required regardless?

Are there any negative impacts from tentatively moving the drain field from down the hill (gravity behind the house) verses pumping up the hill (in front of the house)?

Thanks for any input. FF

Old 12-09-06, 02:30 PM
T
The place to begin your research is at the local health department. They oversee where septic systems are located and installed correctly and kept in good working condition. This is done to reduce risk of contaminating groundwater and surface water, exposing people to untreated sewage, and help extend the working life of septic systems.

A perc test will be required. Many areas require a certified designer or professional engineer to install the system. Your health department can provide you with names. An application will have to be submitted and plans approved. Permits and inspections are required. The design of the septic system will be dictated by the site requirements. The type of system selected will depend on what is required for your area.

Old 12-11-06, 08:00 AM
V
Vey
Twelvepole is right. The government will tell you what is required, then you do it, not the other way around.

One thing you need to know before you even think about a septic system is where the well is going to be. And something to consider is: what if you lay this all out and not enough flow is found on the first well digging attempt? So usually the well is dug first.

There is a minimum distance requirement (once again, dictated by ordinance and enforced by the health department) that must be maintained between a well and a septic tank and/or drainfield. This not only affects your lot, but your neighbors, so the well has to be x number of feet away from your neighbor's septic system. If you don't have all your neighbors yet, then the topography has to be considered so as to not deprive them of the ability to put in a septic system.

Old 12-21-06, 07:40 AM
F
Thanks for the replies.

Anyone out there that uses Engineered Septic Systems ?

I am looking for some comments by existing homeowners/users or un-biased experts of these engineered systems for likes or dis-likes such as installation/maintenance costs etc.)

What are opinions/experiences with EcoFlo, Advantix and Pureflo?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: