Shallow well jet pump leaky pressure switch

Old 01-06-07, 01:19 PM
A
Ash
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Shallow well jet pump leaky pressure switch

Hi folks- I've got a 5 yr old Well x-trol 203 w/top-mounted jet pump and Square D pressure switch. The pressure switch has developed a slow water leak that is dampening the floor around the tank. The pump isn't running excessively, but is this something I need to jump on and repair immediately? I don't plan on letting it slide for months, but I may not be able to replace the switch till next weekend. Can this cause the pump to lose prime? Is there a chance it will blow open and spray the whole room while I'm at work? It appears to be leaking from the switch diaphragm which is all limed up.
Thanks for any help you can give! The switch is a Square D 9013 series FTW2S100U. I haven't been able to find this exact part# anywhere. Is it critical? Or will a standard 30/50 switch work?
Ash

Old 01-06-07, 01:29 PM
Group Moderator
Received 249 Upvotes on 201 Posts
The pump won't lose prime, but it may cause the pump to cycle although it's likely to leak about like it is now for quite a while before getting worse. It's possible the leak could get worse, so as a safety measure, if nobody's going to be home during the day you could flip the breaker for the pump to off. You should be able to get a replacement switch at H-D or Lowe's; they're pretty generic.

Don't forget to kill the power when working on it.

Old 01-06-07, 09:15 PM
A
Ash
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks!

Thanks tow guy!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: