septic design

Old 01-10-07, 12:43 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Red face septic design

I,m in the process of building a bathroom in my basement,my septic drain line goes out the fondation wall just above the floor.the pipe outside sits about 18" under ground. what I would like to do is cut into the concrete floor, lay the new drain pipes and send them approx. 12" outside to be ready for a new septic system I,m having installed in the spring including a new tank. at that time I will tie in the upstairs drains in with the new. My question is the new drain line from the house to the septic tank will sit about 11" deeper in the ground than the original . is this doable?

thank you in advance

Old 01-10-07, 10:57 AM
J
Received 515 Upvotes on 420 Posts
I depand on the layout. The new system will probably need to be 11" lower in the ground to get the slope on the pipe required. If that is possible then it is probably doable.

Old 01-31-07, 08:03 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
i am curious as to why you are putting in a new septic system, you can still put in basement plumbing and tie into the old system even though it is 11" below the other outlet. All you have to do is when you cut out your concrete to install the drain lines you install a pump system like the meyers sr1830. it will pump eyerything from the basement system up into the main line.the whole pump system with the basin is around 500.00

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: