back up in all drains! NEED HELP!!!!

Old 04-15-07, 11:41 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Exclamation back up in all drains! NEED HELP!!!!

? I have water coming back up through all my drains when the sump kicks on. There is alot more water in my yard also. Could this be the septic needs drained or somthingels. I also get a strong sewer smell in the house. I live in the country so i have a septic tank. Need help

Old 04-15-07, 11:47 AM
R
It certainly sounds as if your septic is backing up. Where does your sump pump empty into?

Old 04-15-07, 12:07 PM
A
Water Back Up!

SUMP emptys into one of two places. We have a septic and a place where i am told the rain and all drains except the bath room empty into. I have two holding tanks.

Old 04-15-07, 05:30 PM
J
Received 307 Votes on 263 Posts
Sump should not be going any where near your septic or leach field. You need as little extra water as possible going to your septic sytem.

Old 04-15-07, 08:51 PM
A
sump

there is an outside sump that hooks to a drain. It leads to the creek behind the house. Two of my neighbers also connect into my drain. They don't have a problem with water backing up. Could there be a clog in my drain somewhere between my house and where they meet?

Old 04-16-07, 06:41 AM
T
There could be a clog. Have you tried snaking the drain? If you have trees or other plants with invasive roots near the drain, you could have a clogged/damaged drain.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: