Septic Tank Pipe Question

Old 07-05-07, 07:09 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Septic Tank Pipe Question

Hello,

I recently bought a vacation home in the mountains, and it has a septic system. Having never owned a home with such a system, I'm confused about a pipe that comes out of the house on the side.

When I looked at the home and it was inspected, the septic system was judged to be in good condition and not needing service. However, whenever I run water or flush the toilet, it immediately runs out of this pipe on the side of the house onto the ground. From researching online, this doesn't seem like any kind of septic system plan, since it's just spilling out onto the ground rather than going through any sort of drainage pipe or drainage field. I have a service coming to pump out the system, but I'm hoping someone can explain what this pipe might be and what might be causing the spill out onto the ground.

-Alicia

Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-07, 09:57 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How big is it? Is it a vertical pipe or horizontal? How far under grade is it? How far from the house? Does it come from the house or from the tank? Does it look broken, dug up, or is there a cap missing off it? Do you know what kind of system the house is suppose to have (leech field, sand filter, mount system, etc)?

Can you post a pic of the pipe? There is no reason for water to just dump out of the system untreated. Do solids dump out too or just water?