Deep Well Pressure Problems

Old 07-10-07, 11:46 AM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Deep Well Pressure Problems

I am looking for any help or advice. I had a well drilled in the fall of 2000. The depth is 238 ft. I have had several issues with low pressure over that time. I had to have the pump replaced about 3 years ago becuse it was worn out. After the pump replacement we had marginal water pressure at best. We couldn't wash a load of clothes without losing pressure. Now I don't have enough pressure to run a stream the size of a pencil in my kitchen faucet. We have been experiencing a moderate drought here in southern Indiana this summer and thought my issue could be related to low water level in the well. Could I add water to the weel to test that theory? I have replaced the pressure control switch on the pressure tanks and that didn't fix it. I don't want to call the guy who has done the work previously because I never have been satisfied with his work. I've got a lot of money already invested and would like a little advice before I invest more.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-07, 01:45 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Open the cap on the well and listen to the pump. If the well is out of water you should hear water turning up. If there is water you should just hear a hum.

You can also run a garden hose out to the well and dump water from the well into the well. If the system is working right it should keep pumping.