Broke My Packer Pipe... HELP

Old 08-04-07, 02:33 PM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Broke My Packer Pipe... HELP

I was pulling my packer up and pulled about 20' then the pipe snapped and the bottom half sunk back into the well can anyone help thanks george

Old 08-04-07, 07:12 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
How much length and weight do you think is down there, and how far down is the top of what is down there?

You coud try to make something from a long pipe that is much bigger I.D. than what pipe you have down there and try to create a Chinese finger puzzle or logger's cant-hook, in principle. I can think of one way, - like if you used pvc pipe and drilled/ran lots of screws into it and made the screws stop so that the I.D of all the screw tips lining the inside were a little SMALLER than your lost pipe. Then when you probed and forced the PVC with the screws over your lost pipe, the screws would flex upward and allow the lost pipe to slide up inside, scoring it's way past the screws. Then upon retrieval, the screws would then pull downward and tighten, locking onto the lost pipe.

Something like that. You could improve on the concept.

You may have to ask a well driller if there is such a type retrieval tool if no other response here.

Either that or try your luck at trying to lower down and thread back into it with similar pipe/threads, but that seems like a real hold your breath hit and miss proposition as trying to start the threads whose pipe may be down in casing at slight angle, may be a tough order.

Or, if you have the lip of a fitting which you must have, as that is what came apart, right? - to try to snare under that lip with like a long pipe with a cable looped on the end that then had one end of the loop go up the pipe so that you could pull on it like a slip knot once you were below over the lost pipe.

Old 08-05-07, 06:24 PM
W
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Talking got it out

i talked to a well guy and he said to use 3/4 pvc 60' with a reducer and 1/2 by 12" galv threaded nipple and force it into the venturi and twist to make its own threads then pull it up and it worked thanks for the help george

Old 08-06-07, 05:53 AM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Great.

Could you explain in more detail how it worked and what you had to go through (attempts to lineup)? It was 60 feet down to the top of it? And you got the nipple to go in? How big was the top of the packer pipe?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: