keep losing water and pressure

Old 10-22-07, 02:46 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
keep losing water and pressure

have a new pump and a new pressure switch everything worked fine for a couple days when the water stops and i check the pressure and it is at zero i refill the tank and it works fine again for a day or two then i have to do it all over again the tank and bladder are good the switch is 40/60 are there adjustments i can make or is there something else i need to look at? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-23-07, 07:38 AM
J
Received 535 Upvotes on 437 Posts
Refill the tank? What does this mean? You pump up the bladder? You turn on the pump and pump water into the tank?

Old 10-23-07, 07:56 AM
T
sorry with a 40/60 switch im filling the tank with air to 38

Old 10-23-07, 10:09 AM
J
Received 535 Upvotes on 437 Posts
If this is a bladder tank it would seem you need a new tank. It sould not be loosing it's pressure. Even that should not stop your water flow. It will make the pump cycle rapdily while you are using water.

Old 10-23-07, 11:12 AM
T
this is a bladder tank is there anything i can check to determine if the tank is bad? with the tank at 60 if i release pressure at the air valve on top of the tank no water comes out and with no water being used it does hold pressure with usage we had water and great pressure for 1 to 2 days before it stopped

Old 10-23-07, 05:06 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
If it holds pressure, then what made it go to zero? Yo say it hodls pressure with useage. It should also hold pressure without useage, if check valves are good, and you have no pipe leaks or faucet drips. You may want to shut off the main valve supplying the house to make sure that indeed the system holds pressure with the check valves.

Old 11-02-07, 09:04 PM
The reason for the "TWO-POUND DIFFERENTIAL" is to avoid the "SPLIT SECOND" of equal air and water pressure. If your pressure switch is equipped with a "LOW-CUTOFF" feature, this only compounds the issue. Since you cannot check water pressure with the same gauge you use for the air, any difference in the two gauges is enough to wreak HAVOC.

#1---are you ABSOLUTELY SURE the press switch is 40/60? (20/40 and 30/50 are also available)

#2--- Shut off the pump electrical supply, and turn on every faucet in the house, until the water gauge reads zero.....Then fill the the tank with 38 lbs of air (Or two lbs below the spec on the switch...STEP 1 ). This MUST be done with ZERO water pressure!!!!!!!!!!

#3--- If you still have a problem....AS A TEST..empty the water from the tank to zero again...and reduce air pressure to 36 psi... if this corrects your problem ...your pressure switch is mis-adjusted.....Follow the instructions that came with the switch to properly set it up.

Old 11-03-07, 06:37 AM
R
im having the same problem as i type this

ive asked many people over the last 12 hours and what ive learned ive checked and what ive come up with your bladder tank shouldnt just GO BAD my pump is kicking on and i have no leaks that i can find last week i lost all water and pressure and my little pressure indicator was at 0 and its normally at like 5 to 6 well it took me like 6 hours of messing with it and i finally got it to start building pressure again and after a day it was working fine for about 5 days. then last night i turn on the faucet and once again no water now my wife told me last week when it went dry she did like three loads of laundry and gave the kids baths and stuff well same thing this week so i look down my well and realize that its water level is really really low i had a maintnance mechanic at work tell me hes also a fire chief thats he has had to fill about 6 er 7 wells this month alone and now its sinking in i thing we just ran our well below the submersable pump and our water reurn or whatever you wanna call it is not fast enough to keep up right now i asked him well its been raining out here and there and he said the rain weve been getting is barely enough to keep the dust down so you might just berunning your well down and ur recovery isnt keeping up an all thiough sudden your not pumping water but air and it messes the whole equalebrium thin with ur bladder tank up and next thing you know ur doen there trying to start it manually and nothing works well i tried to build pressure last night when it happened and got nothing no water no nothing and 9 hours later i try it and water just starts flying in and builds pressure so try that just leave everything and and see what happens if everything works fine i would say your well is just going to low but thats just whats happening to me but your story sounds just like mine so thats the best i can come up with

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: