sump crock questions

Old 02-23-08, 05:21 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
sump crock questions

I am going to replace my current 18x24" sump crock with a 30x36" crock. My current crock is actully set higher in the floor than in should have been, and my pump short cycles alot, especially with heavy rains. I would like some opinions on whether its better to keep my current 1/2 hp Zoeller M98 (with seperate vertical master switch) or to go with a 1/3 hp pump. Supposedly with the 1/3 hp pump, the pump will pump longer each tme and cycle less than with the 1/2 hp which empties the crock quicker. Hopefully the wider crock will also enable more volume also?

Old 02-23-08, 07:42 AM
sump crock questions

Do you have a check valve just above the pump. - This is intended to stop short cycling by eliminating the drainage back into the sump.

It the sump used as a collector for drain tile or is it just for localized collection.

Old 02-23-08, 08:32 AM
B
Check valves are in place for the main sump and the battery back up. Foundateion footer tiles drain into this crock.

Old 02-23-08, 08:49 AM
M
Sump pump

Unless your pump runs for long periods I would stick with what you have. The most important part is that you are increasing the size of your sump which will give you more storage and should cause your pump to cycle less.

Unless the pump cannot keep up with the volume coming in during the rains I think it should be fine.

The check valve is important as well

Jim

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: