another update on my well with pictures

Old 04-10-08, 04:13 PM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
another update on my well with pictures

at the advise of the well/pump man who has the flu I cut the two pipes and the bolts of the flanges and began pulling the pipe out of the casing. I didn't realize there was another pipe inside the big pipe. I assume this pipe is going to be 40' since thats how deep my weight went. This thing is heavy and i don't know how i'm going to get it out. Any thoughts?

Old 04-10-08, 05:27 PM
V
Vey
Try using some vise grips or some other clamp to hold it up while you rest so it doesn't fall back in. You will be able to pull up about 15' before it starts getting too bendy. After you get that much up (or less), cut off a piece of the PVC with a hacksaw. You can also get a "saddle clamp" at the auto store (used for mufflers) and put a jack or jacks under the clamp to help it up.

If it is a packer, you are doing well to get it moving at all.

Old 04-10-08, 05:43 PM
G
the pvc is what i put down the pipe to try and free the stuck weight. The pipe i'm pulling out is a metal pipe. Look at the bottom picture. Sorry the pvc in the picture is confusing...its not supposed to be there. That flange packer thing was very difficult to free from the casing. It took a little heat and a lot of beating followed by twisting and then jacking. With regards to the packer thing, the top pipe with the "T" fitting was the pipe i was sucking wather through. The bottom pipe with the elbow fitting is the one i capped off.

Old 04-10-08, 06:18 PM
J
Received 338 Votes on 291 Posts
You should keep this all in one thread so people can understand the whole story of what is going on.
I would start by dismantling the parts at the top and see what can be removed. Then build yourself a tripod and start hoisting. Clamp something to the pipe so that it can't fall back down the well if something slips.

Old 04-10-08, 06:54 PM
V
Vey
Tripods aren't very stable. Four legs with bracing is better. Then run a 4x4 across the top and hang a comealong or chainefall on that.

Or just screw a "T" on the top and jack it up. Use a saddleclamp once you get it moving.

Old 04-11-08, 04:34 AM
G
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
You have a common 2" deep well with a jet type system there will be an ejector (venturi) on the drop pipe you are pulling, good luck pulling that they can be very stubborn. Below the ejector is the point, which may be replaceable, the point can be a drive point that threads onto the 2" pipe(not replaceable)or it can be a 1.25" point that slips down into the 2" pipe(casing) and locks and seals in the water column, the latter can be pulled and replaced. If you are going to use a larger pump motor then you need to change the ejector orifice size to match the hp of the pump, there is a chart for this sizing, a well company will have this.info.

Old 04-17-08, 09:04 PM
G
Now I have a much better idea of what I have. I have a 2" 85' deep well. I got my drop pipe pulled. It was a 40' 1 1/4" galvanized pipe with a packer. I am going to replace everything and use pvc. The static head of my well is 17'. I am going to buy a new deep well pump. I will post updates.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: